Goa State Formation History
- Goa State was just Goa was in 3rd century BC with the Maurya Empire, of Ashoka.
- From 2nd century BC to the 6th century AD, Goa was with Bhojas of Goa and Chutus of Karwar.
- Around 150 AD, Western Kshatrapas were taking care of it.
- Between 578 and 753 AD, Chalukyas of Badami.
- 753 to 963 – Rashtrakutas of Malkhed.
- 765 to 1015 – the Southern Silharas of Konkan.
- 1015 to 1300 – Kadambas.
- 1312 to 1370 – Delhi Sultanate.
- 1370 to 1469 – Harihara I of the Vijayanagara empire.
- 1469 to 1510 – Bahmani sultans of Gulbarga and Adil Shahis of Bijapur.
- 1510 to 1961 – Portuguese.
On 19 December 1961, the Indian Army invaded with Operation Vijay resulting in the annexation of Goa, along with Diu and Daman.
On 30 May 1960, Goa State was formed and it became 25th Indian state with Diu and Daman remaining union territory. It is important to know the history of a state in India, for a person to be called a PakkaPatriot.